Monday 11 July 2011

What's this?

To whoever you are as you read this,

If you are expecting thrilling stories of dangerous adventures, of dark and happy times, of the good versus the bad, you should stop procrastinating and get on with your life. This blog will be my way to deal with my procrastination, because I definitely need it. A little bit of procrastination isn't a bad thing, and I acknowledge this, but there are certain things I have to do sometimes, and I want to force myself to do them. Every day I'll try to write a little bit about what I've done that day, and whether I've succeeded - even just a bit - in putting an end to my procrastination. 

Why this blog?

I can't do it by myself. I'm not even expecting anyone to read this, but even the idea that someone out there might be browsing and stumble across this, and find this, and root for me, might be enough to make me do this.

If this sounds familiar to you, then perhaps you've seen Julie and Julia. This is the movie that inspired this blog. Watch it, and you'll know why.

As for my plan. I made a list of goals, as posted to the right, that I definitely want to, or have to, accomplish over the next two months, until I go back to university. It isn't all-inclusive, and there's definitely more to it, but there you go. 

If you're still confused as to what I'm doing, here's an example of a day that I'm actually quite proud of. Yesterday, I didn't actually spend my entire day behind my laptop, but instead I did things. After my parents left for their holiday, I started cleaning my room. For once, it wasn't entirely messy, but it wasn't as clean as I wanted it. I then visited my grandma - who lives next to us - and spend a bit of time there. After I got back home, around noon, I finished my room, and proceeded to make apple sauce from some leftover apples I had, after that I cleaned the kitchen counter and stove. In the afternoon I tagged along with my grandma and great uncle to visit one of their friends, and had a good time there. In the evening I finally allowed myself to turn on my laptop but I didn't immediately get distracted by msn, as I usually do. I managed to do some writing, for the role playing game I do - which I'll definitely mention more often. The rest of the evening I spent watching television and talking to people on msn, but I felt this was more like a reward than a distraction. So there you go, a description of a successful day. 

Today, I actually got up early to go to Pilates, which is quite an achievement for me because I'm usually too lazy to do anything, but I'm determined to work on my physique, and as such I will continue to go to Pilates every week for the next two months.

Anyway, tonight I'll be meeting with a friend, and tomorrow I'll have to make sure I find something other than my laptop to occupy me with during the day.

Signing off,
Determined

No comments:

Post a Comment